Monday, August 3, 2015

Garmin Forerunner 220

Woohoo!! I finally ordered my new running watch and it came in time for the weekend. I went with the Garmin Forerunner 220. Here it is:


My initial reaction was that it was a lot bigger than I thought it would be. After charging it up (by hooking it up to the computer), I packed it up to take to the lake. 

When you first turn it on it takes a minute or so to locate the satellite...but once it does that, it's good to go! I was a little anxious about using it at the lake because I only sometimes get a slight cell phone signal. But sure enough, it worked!!

I really like it! It vibrates and beeps every mile to tell you your average pace and time. It also gave me "awards" at the end! Woohoo!! And since I went with the 220 model, as soon as I open the Garmin app on my phone, it syncs with the watch and analyzes my runs for me! Score!

I had to complete a 9 mile run while at the lake, which is no easy task. Let's just say my parent's lake house is back on some twisty, hilly, narrow roads. So my 9-miler (which I haven't run that far since the derby mini in April), was hard!! I had to go up (and down) some big hills and had to run part of the way on gravel. AND...I didn't have my music to run with, ugh!! I hate running without my music (I just use spotify on my iPhone), but like I said earlier, poor cell signal = no music. 

Tony went out of town today, but I was able to get a run in (and a workout at Planet Fitness) before he left. I'll have to juggle my runs the rest of the week, but I'll make it work! 

Gearing up for a 10-mile run this weekend...fun times!

No comments:

Post a Comment