Sunday, August 23, 2015

LSD run

....no, I'm not doing drugs. I like to read and gain as much information as possible when I do something, so of course I've read several books on running. LSD runs translate into Long, Slow, Distance runs. Yesterday I did just that. 

My long run was a 12-miler. At first my legs felt fairly heavy, but they got better about halfway through the run. I'm still trying to play around with the best pace to run longer distances and I know that I'll continue to tweak it as my runs get longer. When I walked in the door afterwards, Tony said "You look exhausted!"  I definitely was! After a week of being back to work and going non-stop PLUS having a small child in my room waking me up every night in the middle of the night, I was definitely tired. I think I fell asleep around 9:30 last night (on a Saturday night)!! 

That 12-miler took a lot out of me, so it's hard to imagine that my runs are going to get even longer, but I can do it!! I still haven't bought any "fuel" to try and didn't drink anything the whole entire run, which I know I need to do. Next weekend I'm supposed to run a half marathon distance so I'm going to try and get some stuff to practice with. 

Tony is going out of town for most of the week so my parents are going to help me get my runs in this week by watching my kiddos for me. Thank goodness for wonderful parents!

Hope everyone has a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment