Sunday, August 30, 2015

Where's My Medal??

Seriously!! I ran 13.1 miles yesterday. That was my 5th time ever running that distance, but the first time I didn't get a medal and T-shirt for doing it. Bummer!! For real though, how weird is it that in the past 2 years I worked up to 13.1 miles...and now it was "just" part of the training. Hard to believe that I will be doubling that distance in just a tad over 2 months, yikes!

Overall, the run went well. I felt pretty good the whole time. I wasn't very smart though. You see, I never made it to go buy the gels so I didn't fuel at all during the run AND I didn't drink one little bit of water during the run, at all. Shame on me! I realize that it is so not good to do that. I stuck a drink in my mailbox so I would run by our house at some point along the way, but I never did. (Anybody else randomly plan where you're going to run as you go?). The last 2-3 miles were a doozy, I could definitely feel the impact not drinking anything had on me. That'll be the last time that happens on a long run. 

So I need to figure out how to drink during my runs. The races are so nice because there are so many water stops along the way...but not so much for my training runs at home (I guess I could get my girls to hold out little cups of water for me on the sidewalk as I ran by). I think I might buy the handheld water bottle. I've seen runners with the hydration belt but I think that would drive me crazy as I don't like to have a lot of stuff on me while I run. (I have my quirky sensory issues with certain things when I'm running). But, we'll see. 

Tony just left to go out of town again and won't be back till the wee hours of the morning Saturday. Before he left I did a 4-mile run. Yes...I'm crazy. I ran 13.1 yesterday and followed it up with a 4-miler today. I usually enjoy my day off from running for several days after a distance run, but when you are limited to the number of times you can run during the week because you have to have other people watch your kiddos, you do what you have to do. On the agenda for the rest of the week is a 7-mile run on Wednesday (the longest weekday run I've done) and a 3-mile run on Thursday. 

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment