Friday, July 24, 2015

Random Thoughts

Happy Friday!! Here are some of my random thoughts on running from this past week:

1. I LOVE running in the warmer weather. Running shorts are fantastic...the built-in underwear is a real winner and super comfy. Plus, I sweat a lot...which makes me feel like I was able to get a good run in! The downfall of warm weather is the heat and humidity, which makes me have slower split times and super thirsty. 

2. You have to be flexible when training. With 3 kiddos and a husband who is actively involved with the Masons and travels for work, I have to figure out how to squeeze in my runs. Sometimes I get up and run at 6am (during summer...ugh!), sometimes I run in the evening, and sometimes I'm able to go out at lunch time (Tony works from home). I just have to make sure I get the miles in I'm supposed to. 

3. In past races I haven't done the whole drink on the run thing very well. I try to keep running and gag myself when I drink it. The past couple half marathons I did about a 5 second walk at the water stations and that seemed to work better. 

Ok...we are off to the lake! Since the lake house sits on a hill, maybe I'll get some hill work in?!


No comments:

Post a Comment