Seriously though, I've been running pretty consistently for the past several years. April 2014 I was able to cross "run a half-marathon" off my bucket list. In the past year, I have completed 4 half-marathons and several other races (10 milers, 10k's, 5k's, etc.). I feel like at this point in my life I am in fairly good shape and it's not so crazy right now that I should be able to get the training in...I figured if I'm going to do it, now would be the time.
I signed up for the Indianapolis Monumental Marathon on Nov.7th. Tony already booked our hotel room (and one for my mom too), so at least I'll have people there to cheer me on!
So, this week officially starts week 1 of marathon training. I'm following Hal Higdon's training schedule that looks like this:
Of course with Tony being out of town for most of the week, I haven't been able to follow it completely...but I will get it done!
I'm both excited and extremely nervous about doing this. I hope my body (and mind) can handle it!
Next on my to-do list is to get a new pair of running shoes and buy a gps running watch. Right now I use my iPhone when I run and use the run keeper app, I have loved this app but the longer I run, the more likely my phone battery won't make it.
Ok, so now you know my plan! I'll update as my training goes on!


No comments:
Post a Comment