Sunday, March 23, 2014

Running

Every year in mid-April on an early Saturday morning, I'm watching the news and see live coverage of the Derby Festival Mini-Marathon. Every year I think to myself that I should be there running it. But every year I have an excuse...pregnancy, new baby, too much school work from grad school, etc. No more excuses this year...I'm doing it! Tony and I each made a "Bucket List" years ago, and close to the top of my list was "Run a half-marathon".  I want that crossed off!

I have always been a very active person.  I ran track for 10 years and played field hockey for 8. However, until this year, I had never ran over 7 miles. I was never a distance runner so this would be a change for me. 

In Louisville we have the Triple Crown races leading up to the half marathon to help train you. I missed the 5k for Emma's baptism, but ran the 10k 2 weeks ago and successfully ran the 10 miler yesterday. In about a month I'll be running 13.1 miles. Instead of watching the race on TV this year, I'll be a part if it! 

While training is sometimes difficult, especially with 3 little ones at home, I've really enjoyed it (I've even lost the rest of my baby weight). 

Wish me luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment