Well...Hannah is officially feeling much better :) It wasn't until this past Sunday when she was back to her old self. We have 2 1/2 more days of meds left and then hopefully we are finished with this bug for good!!!
We had a very busy weekend!! Friday night, GG and Papaw were generous enough to keep our little baby overnight so we could go to our friend's house (John and Cora) for John's bday party. Tony and I had a lot of fun hanging out and playing games!!! It is so nice to have an "adult night" every once in a while. I love my daughter with all my heart, but a night among adults is just what I need sometimes!!
Saturday night we celebrated my mom's birthday. We went to their house and had dinner. Angela and I made the sides and brought the cake and mom and dad grilled steaks (my dad loves his new grill)! We had a great time and mom loved all her presents. It's always so fun for all of us to get together, and of course I have to take lots of pics!!! Happy Birthday Mommy!!
On another note, Tony and I have officially started doing Dave Ramsey's 7 Baby Steps. For those of you who do not know what this is...it's pretty much a strategy for us to become debt free and to save money. We are so very excited becuase so far we have been able to make some changes in our spending habits. We have always been horrible about grocery shopping...horrible. We were spending up to $150/week on groceries for 3 people, that's crazy!! Well, starting 2 weeks ago we scoured the Sunday ads and coupons and based on those sales we made our grocery list. Our goal was to take $100 cash to the grocery store and spend no more than that!! Guess what??? We did it! The first week we did it we spent $87, and when we did it last Sunday we only spent $57. I have no idea how we spent so much money before...that's just ridiculous!! So wish us luck as we embark on our Dave Ramsey journey...stay tuned for updates!!
I love Dave Ramsey; I listen to him on my headset at work everyday. It's kind of amazing how much money we spend without even realizing it. Good luck and I hope you reach baby step 3 real fast!
ReplyDelete