Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Spring Break

One of many great things about being a teacher is Spring Break!! This week Hannah and I are happily spending time together (it's a nice glimpse into being a stay-at-home mom) at home. It has been a peaceful week with not much going on!!



We kicked Spring Break 2009 off by heading to the lake this past Saturday. My mom and dad were also there and they had Jacob in tow. We spent Saturday watching Jacob and Hannah play together and in between raindrops we went outside to "wing" (swing- as Hannah calls it). Saturday night produced some threatening weather and at one point we had to spend some time in the basement and wait out the weather...the kiddos didn't mind at all!




Starting last summer we put Hannah in the pack-n-play in the basement to sleep, so of course we tried it again...she was NOT happy. I heard her screaming twice and finally gave up and brought her upstairs...my mom had recently purchased some sleeping bag cots for Jacob and Hannah and we tried it out. While Tony peacefully slept in the bedroom...Hannah and I had a slumber party in the sun room (I was on the couch and she was on the cot). We didn't get much sleep that night, but we made it through!!




The rest of our week has been fairly low-key. Yesterday we had our old fence taken down and the new one put back up (thank you insurance)! And today Hannah and I met mom at Kosair Children's Hospital (her new job) for lunch!! Between catching up on Sesame Street episodes, cleaning and going for walks, we've had a great Spring Break!!





Tomorrow we will be heading to Alabama to visit Ali and Bo!! We are so excited to see them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment