I think everyone knows by now that Tony and I are expecting baby #2!!!
Here's the story up to now:
We had started "trying" this summer and were lucky enough to get pregnant in the second month of trying. We took a positive pregnancy test on July 24th (the last day of teaching summer school). We were VERY excited but it was all a little surreal (still is). We decided then that we would wait to tell people (other than immediate family) which is weird because we told everyone when we were pregnant with Hannah right away.
Anyways, our families were thrilled for us!! I told my boss and my assistant when I was 6 weeks along but nobody else...we had decided to wait till we went for the 8 week check-up!
The 8 week check-up went great!! The doctor said that I could be a poster-child for a woman with an 8 week uterus! We were very relieved to hear this because with Hannah when we went in for our 8 week appointment I was measuring too small and they had to do an ultrasound to make sure everything was ok. Anyways, we left the doctors office with a little spring in our step knowing that so far everything was going well!!
Over the next couple weeks I felt pretty good except for being tired, hungry and a little nauseous in the evenings- but all in all pretty good! My stomach even pooched out a little which was kind of crazy since I know the baby isn't that big yet....the doctor informed me that my body "remembers" what it's like to be pregnant and is already making room. I just found it gross since it looks like I just ate too much. But I know it comes with the territory!
Yesterday Tony and I went for our 12 week check-up and were sooo excited because this is the check-up where you get to hear the heartbeat for the first time. However, it ended up being pretty stressful. When the doctor put the doppler on my lower abdomen to hear the heartbeat, she couldn't find it. After a couple minutes of looking for it, she explained to us that if she couldn't find it that she would do an ultrasound right away to make sure everything was ok. Tony and I were holding our breaths at this point...we were pretty scared. The doctor said she wanted to try one more thing before she would do an ultrasound. She left the room and came back with a different doppler- she said that this one was a little more sensitive. She started rubbing my abdomen again and still not findint anything was about to suggest an ultrasound when she FOUND it!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!! We were incredibly relieved and soooo happy to be hearing the heartbeat!! (However now I kind of wished they did an ultrasound so we could've seen the little booger). The heartbeat was strong in the 150s (for those of you who predict sex according to heartbeat, that suggests a girl) but anyways, everything sounds great!
It's all starting to seem a little more real now since we heard the heartbeat!! We told Hannah and she says she wants a baby sister! Tony and I both think it's a girl, but we'll be happy either way! We find out on November 3rd what our little peanut is!!!
Here are my 12 week belly shots....doesn't look like much except that I ate too much!! HAHA!
Here is a picture I dug up from when I was 38 weeks pregnant with Hannah...WOW....was I really that big??!!! So much to look forward to again :)

No comments:
Post a Comment