Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back to School

This past week, the girls (and mommy) went back to school....

 Here are the girls on their first day of the 2011-2012 school year:
Hannah was very excited to go and see her friends again.  She will be in the 4-year-old room this year and her teacher will be Ms. Jessica.  This will be her final year at Whitehall.  I can't believe she is growing up so fast.  We are hoping to sell the house as soon as possible and find a new one so we can figure out where she will go to Kindergarten next year! Her adjustment back to school was flawless this past week...she is excited to learn and socialize with her friends.  She is so smart and so funny...I just love watching her learn and grow!

Gracie is doing ok with being back to school.  She is officially in the 1-year-old room now and her teacher is Ms. Shirley (who was also one of my teachers when I went there).  She had a hard time on the first day, and continues to cry and scream bloody murder when I drop her off in the morning, but her teacher assured me that she was starting to adjust and enjoyed playing with the other kids...nap is a different story.  At home she would sleep 2.5-3 hours every day.  At school she is barely sleeping 1.5 hrs.  I know the environment is very different in my home (quiet, crib) than at daycare (other noisy babies, cots), but hopefully she naps better soon...she's been very grumpy when she's home.

We had an absolutely wonderful summer  and I hate to see it come to an end.  I will miss the days of staying in my pajamas for an extended period of time, visiting parks, zoos, libraries, etc.  and just simply spending as much time with my girls as possible. 

I have to admit that I AM excited for the school year to start.  At the end of this school year, I will officially finish my (2nd) Masters program and will be able to have free time again....it has been pretty difficult to juggle everything going on, but with only 3 classes left, I know there is a light at the end of the tunnel....

No comments:

Post a Comment