Here I am 30 weeks pregnant....
Here is my leg at 30 weeks...
For those of you who saw me when I was pregnant with Hannah in my last trimester, you'll remember that my right leg below the knee would swell and turn purple and that vein would stick out. I had multiple ultrasounds on my leg to rule out that it wasn't a blood clot, it never was. They (my doctors) decided that my uterus tilts to the right, which puts more pressure on my right leg.
With this pregnancy, my leg started changing colors about mid-way through my 2nd trimester. With this pregnancy, I have more vericose and spider veins popping out all over (just look at the pic with both of my legs in it...you can really tell the difference). Every time I go to the doctor I ask if this is ok...they continue to tell me that it is normal. Being a teacher and constantly on my feet doesn't help much with the vein problem- the more I'm on it, the worse they look. I did get some maternity compression hose to help with this problem, and if you know me, you know I'm NOT a hose person- I can't stand them. But, I've been dutifully wearing them whenever I work, just so my leg doesn't totally look destroyed.
This has really been the only problem during my pregnancy. As the doctor told me this past week at my 30 week appointment, I have "uneventful pregnancies", and I'd really like to keep it that way!! Everything at the doctors office checked out great! We are now counting down until Baby Girl 2 arrives on March 30th!
It's so funny...when I was pregnant with Hannah, I had everything done by about the 30th week of my pregnancy- the room was painted and deocrated, the furniture had been bought and put together, I had bought and washed clothes, the baby book was filled out with every detail I could think of, etc. With this pregnancy, we've been a lot more relaxed. We do have the room painted, but that is it! We are currently waiting on carpet to be installed (probably not for at least another 3 weeks), so we haven't put any furniture in the room, I haven't washed a single item (or have even gotten out any of Hannah's old stuff from the attic), the baby book has 1 picture in it currently, and we don't even have a name....
Everyone said I'd be more relaxed with this baby...boy were they right!! I know that it will all come together in the end and so I'm not really worrying about it. Meanwhile, I'm enjoying spending time with my family of 3...for a couple more weeks :)


No comments:
Post a Comment